Staging your home for every stage of your life


This is a place where home staging principles can be applied to anyone's home - whether selling or not. Please add your comments, share with friends, and feel free to ask questions on how you can live, entertain, and thrive in your home, no matter what stage you are in.

Friday, January 8, 2010

one single flower

When I stage a home a very important room to pay particular attention to is the kitchen. I can't make it look like a kitchen that someone actually lives in, it has to appear to be that kitchen that you have always looked for - allowing you to just float through the chores - no clutter, no dirty dishes, just ahhh. Flowers, good smells, matching accessories. It all is perfect. Then bam, you buy the house and those pesky dirty dishes come with you.

The fact is that we all spend more time then we wish in the kitchen. We
prep, cook, clean, help kids with homework, look through bills, share our moments of the day. It is the central hub of the house. So at my own home I make sure that I have a tall skinny vase right next to my sink. And when out walking or at the grocery store buying those groceries that I will have to prep, cook and then clean I also buy a flower. It shouldn't be a bunch of flowers because you won't have room, it should just be one simple perfect fresh flower. (If you buy a bunch then put the rest in your bedroom or the living room. But that one flower in that tall skinny vase is heaven. The smell or the look will distract the mind since it is out of place from the task at hand. It soothes the soul with thoughts of a garden or orchard. And when all of the dishes are done and you walk in guess what you will remember that home when it was staged and say, wow - I did get that house I always wanted.

Trust me this little flower will surprise you with how much impact it can bring to your daily chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment